Hello,

I've got IIS 6.0 linked with Tomcat 5.5.25 (with JDK 1.5.0_14-b03 and AJP dll)
via the ISAPI connector (JK 1.2.25) on Windows 2003 Server, and during high
traffic periods, the connection between IIS and Tomcat is being severed. This
has been occurring in the mid-afternoon every day since this server went live
and to get it running again, I've had to restart Tomcat. The peak connections
to IIS during one of the days was just under 100, so this isn't really all that
high of traffic.

The isapi_redirect.log isn't much help. It has only been logging errors after
the connection to Tomcat has been broken. Tomcat itself hasn't logged anything
of relevance and I don't actually think that Tomcat is affected when the link
is broken, but as I mentioned earlier, I have to restart Tomcat to get it to
reconnect with IIS.

Most of my configuration settings came from this website:

    http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=OptimalMod_jk1.2Configuration

Here are the relevant workers.properties settings:

    worker.ajp13w.type=ajp13
    worker.ajp13w.host=localhost
    worker.ajp13w.port=8009
    worker.ajp13w.lbfactor=1
    worker.ajp13w.connect_timeout=10000
    worker.ajp13w.prepost_timeout=10000
    worker.ajp13w.socket_timeout=10
    worker.ajp13w.connection_pool_timeout=600
    worker.ajp13w.connection_pool_size=350

Here are the relevant server.xml settings:

   acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
   SSLEngine="on" SSLPassword="removed"
   SSLCertificateFile="removed"
   SSLCertificateKeyFile="removed" />

  <Connector port="8009" redirectPort="8444" protocol="AJP/1.3"
    connectionTimeout="600000" enableLookups="false"
    maxThreads="400" minSpareThreads="50" maxSpareThreads="150" />

I just configured IIS 6.0 to run in IIS 5.0 isolation mode and that's the end
of my ideas for fixing this issue. The only other ISAPI filters that I'm
running are ASP.NET_1.1.4322.2307 and ISAPI_Rewrite3 (for URL rewriting). IIS
web site connections is set to 'unlimited', connection timeout is 120 seconds,
HTTP Keep-Alives is enabled. Until the crazy thing stops working, everything is
fine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis