Travis Haagen schrieb:
> Thanks for the responses thus far. I've been trying to get more information
> about the problem, but haven't been very successfull. I can't seem to create
> thread dumps, because I have to use Terminal Services. Is there a way to get
> a thread dump even though I'm using Terminal Services?

There are a couple of not so nice ways of doing that. One example:

- Install a JDK not only a JRE
- enable JMX for your java process (adding the following flags to your
service definition):

   -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1090

(Note: no authentication here)

- search for the jar file FullThreadDump.jar, something like

<JDK_HOME>\demo\management\FullThreadDump\FullThreadDump.jar

- run

java -cp PathToMyJar\FullThreadDump.jar FullThreadDump localhost:1090 >>
C:\temp\ThreadDumps.log

> Tomcat keeps locking up every afternoon, during the work week, so its
> definitely related to server traffic. Sometimes it locks up twice in an
> afternoon.
>
> I found this article about IIS 6.0 application health monitoring and I was
> wondering if anyone know if the items listed in the section 'ISAPI
> Extensions Can Declare Themselves Unhealthy' are implemented in the ISAPI
> redirector?
>
>     http://help.alentus.com/article.aspx?id=10958&cNode=7F8F8Y

Interesting, but not used at the moment in the isapi redirector.

> Here's what the ISAPI redirector logs say (the following errors are simply
> repeated until Tomcat is restarted). My log level is currently set to
> 'WARN':

Those unfortunately don't give us more than what we already expect: that
the problem lies inside your Tomcat instance. Try the above recipe for
thread dumps.

Regards,

Rainer