Peter, thats ok, maybe some day we can get that much hit :)

What if someone make so much requests and confuse the server?
Does Tomcat have an prevention for this situation? Or is it beyond the
scope?

David, I have already read all of resources you sent.

Invariably performance issues are rarely a result of the web container
> (Tomcat). You need to look at the developed software (dot).war that is
> deployed on TC (use JMeter or some recognized software testing tools).

* You are hitting your TC with 30000 transactions with a ramp up speed of 10
> seconds so you are at 3000/sec. If as you say the web container is not
> handling this you still need to look at what you web application is doing.

I dont talk about my application. It may contain bugs or incorrect logic,
blaming Tomcat is not my intention. Many people thank developers and I
admire Apache SF.

I make that test of mine with "Shuffle Example" comes with Tomcat (XXX
/examples/jsp/jsp2/jspattribute/shuffle.jsp). And it is a simple JSP page,
cannot contain bugs :)

* What is your planned network topology once you go to production? This
> question naturally leads to what is your hosting options? If you   have a
> datacenter and have configured and installed your own servers is the best.
> Next option is to build your servers and then co-locate. The least
> advantageous option is renting servers (serverbeach.com etc.). If you are
> hosting locally what is your upstream provider? (fat pipe) and type of
> connection: T1, T3, OC1, OC3 etc.
> * Type of scaling (horizontal vs vertical)

My purpose is finding out the limits of Tomcat with constant resources at
the moment. Then I will continue with these.

I just want to have an idea in general. However its better to give details.

OS: Debian 4.0 r0 on VmWare
RAM assigned to virtual machine: 1 gb
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 Ghz etc.
Tomcat: 6.0.13

My starting script:

/home/kullanici/Desktop/programlar/jdk1.6.0_03/bin/java -Xmx256m -Xms128m -
Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -
Djava.util.logging.config.file=/home/kullanici/Desktop/programlar/Tomcat_6_win/conf/logging.properties-
Djava.endorsed.dirs=/home/kullanici/Desktop/programlar/Tomcat_6_win/endorsed-classpath
:/home/kullanici/Desktop/programlar/Tomcat_6_win/bin/bootstrap.jar:/home/kullanici/Desktop/programlar/Tomcat_6_win/bin/commons-
logging-api.jar -
Dcatalina.base=/home/kullanici/Desktop/programlar/Tomcat_6_win -
Dcatalina.home=/home/kullanici/Desktop/programlar/Tomcat_6_win -
Djava.io.tmpdir=/home/kullanici/Desktop/programlar/Tomcat_6_win/temp
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

Thank you, Peter and David