Ali Ok wrote:
Thanks David,

I mean, if I make 30000 requests in a very short time (about 10 seconds);
Tomcat does not respond.
I read books, tutorials, faqs and threads at maling list about Tomcat
tuning. But I couldnt find an example server.xml file used in production or
real test results.

So I cant understand if 30000 requests in 10 seconds is normal or not.
3000 requests per second is something on the order of what microsoft gets on its entire set of websites (microsoft.com, hotmail, live, etc, all combined), and they have a big server farm running it. That's a lot of requests, and you need to provision your hardware and bandwidth accordingly.