Hi

Tomcat is a mini http server + web container ,
while Apache 1.3.x is only a http server

What application are u running on Apche

Tomcat can be plugged to Apache for more request responses exceeding other then Tomcat direct interaction

with regards
karthik

Kannan Kanagaraj wrote:
Hello All

I am migrating an application running on Apache 1.3.x to Tomcat 6.0.

One of the problem I face :
        In Apache httpd.conf, there is config tag: 'Alias',  which I could
not find an
 equivalent tag in Tomcat 6.0. I have searched over the internet but no
luck.

Example use of Alias in Apache httpd.conf: Alias /UserManuals
"x:/usermanuals"
Here all the User Manuals are kept in a separate network drive which the
webserver
has access. So, for a URL request
http://www.domain.com/UserManuals/Model_V1.pdf
would internally do a lookup to x:/usermanuals/Model_V1.pdf and return it to
the user.

How do I configure the same in Tomcat 6.0 ?

Many Thanks
//Kannan

.