The only real POJO Application Server.
Making the Java dream come true.
----- Original Message ----- From: "ryan webb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 5:44 AM
Subject: Re: I dont want my users to see tomcat console. Any advice?

Mr. Johnny Kewl,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
I get what are you trying to say.

except on the last part:
< Also make a note of the URL on the default page, so you can still get at
the admin stuff.
what note? please write simple example.

Nothing complicated... you taking your admin page away and all I want you to note is the links on that page
like
http://localhost:8080/manager/html

so that by just typing that into the browser you can still admin tomcat.

That ROOT is nothing more than just another webapp and is often used as an index page to navigate a whole site. If you dont want to redirect, you can make it a normal Welcome page with links.
The admin stuff is still there... if you know the links... thats all
You can still get in ;)

if you use the meta tag

Then you can stick up those typical pages you see on the Web...
You should be redirected in 2 seconds... blah blah

Nothing special other than the ROOT webapp... has no context name.
Its just another Webapp...

The only problem that can happen is that sometimes if one is hosting with a SP... the SP wants the root to list everyones webapps.
TC is cool ;)

You're right, if I restricted the users from seeing Tomcat Manager console,
that means I cannot also get in.(if i use another computer).

Sir, would you recommend me some resources, websites about what i am trying
to accomplish?

God bless,
Ryan Webb - Philippines