Piller Sébastien ha scritto:
Hello,

I have my application in production for a month now. I've some problem of memory leak that force me to restart TC each few days. I'm trying to automate this operation with a cron that runs a *.sh file. But I don't know how what to write in it. Actually, I've this:

/usr/local/tomcat/bin/shutdown.sh
killall -9 java
/usr/local/tomcat/bin/startup.sh

But when I run it using SSH, it makes a weird error:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]# /usr/local/tomcat/bin/restart.sh
: No such file or directoryrt.sh: line 1:* /usr/local/tomcat/bin/shutdown.sh*
: no process killed
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/java/jre1.5.0_06

... but shutdown.sh exists!

Does anybody have an example of a script that restart Tomcat?

Thanks a lot!
If you are using debian (and other linux versions)maybe
/etc/init.d/tomcat restart

Edoardo

--
Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]