Hi,

> Wow. That's weird. Is Tomcat serving the file, or is httpd serving it?

All requests are going to tomcat via httpd.

> Does the WAR file get expanded during deployment?

Well tomcat usually extracts the contents to a temporary location so I guess
yes.

> Does this happen whether Tomcat is running or not? How about if mod_jk
> is disabled versus enabled?

When tomcat isn't running I get the standard 503 Service Temporarily
Unavailable. As this is a production server I can't really afford to disable
mod_jk.

We're running mod_jk/1.2.23.  Could probably upgrade. But haven't had an
issue with this on our other servers.  I'll wait and see what the
accessLogValve presents.

I'm pretty sure the syntax is correct.  It follows the sysntax i've seen in
many examples on the net....   I've corrected the case just in case that
makes any difference.

Yeah I've just enabled the AccessLogValve so I'll know more about problem
soon....

Thanks for your response.

Tim.