Hello,
    I am using context.xml to configure my web application. But when I
change values in the context.xml, the application does not see the changes,
unless I restart tomcat:

Setup:
Tomcat 6.0.18 (from distribution tarball, unmodified, except as explained
below)
Linux (Fedora 9)  2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_10-rc-b28)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 11.0-b15, mixed mode)

I have a  http://www.nabble.com/file/p19297752/context.xml context.xml  in
~/local/tomcat/conf

With my browser, I go to http://localhost:8080/c to execute
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19297752/index.jsp index.jsp  which is in
directory in ~/local/tomcat/webapps/c

The result is as expected, "valueONE".

But when I change the value="valueTWO" in the context.xml and re-run
index.jsp, the OLD value remains.
The application context is reloaded in some sense, but the new values of
context.xml are not available.

I thought the main reason to use context.xml is precisely so that
configuration changes can be made without having to restart the  tomcat
instance.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hanan