Hi,
   Yes, indeed Tomat does redeploy the app. That also gave me the warm and
fuzzy feeling that it must be loading the relevant context.xml anew as well.
But sadly, it does not pick up changes to context.xml, at least not changes
to Parameter elements.

Would you mind trying my little JSP out (attached in first message). I will
venture to say that you will see that the original value of the Parameter
sticks around forever, even after changing the value attribute and  tomcat
re-deploys the app. The redeploy by Tomcat is correctly triggered, but has
no effect (seems like a bug).

Cheers,

Hanan