> From: hanan herzog [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Do context.xml Parameter value changes require
> Tomcat restart?
>
> I am using context.xml to configure my web application.

Where is your context.xml located?  It should be under the webapp's META-INF
directory.  The conf/context.xml file is shared across all webapps and must not
be used for individual webapp settings.  Changes to that one do require a
restart of Tomcat.

> But when I change values in the context.xml, the
> application does not see the changes, unless I
> restart tomcat:

You must at least restart the application.  Tomcat will normally do this
automatically for you when you update the webapp's META-INF/context.xml, and
you should see log entries to that effect.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.