----- Original Message ----- From: "André Warnier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:23 AM
Subject: Appeal to Tomcat developers

Dear Tomcat developers,

this is a humble appeal.
I know I have in the past been "over the top" on this subject, and for that I apologise.

The appeal is about Tomcat logging.

I will venture a few risky bets :
1) for every Tomcat used in a development context, there are 100 used in a production environment
2) for every Tomcat developer, there are 1000 Tomcat users
3) for at least 900 out of these 1000 Tomcat users, the current way to configure/manage Tomcat logging is too difficult to understand

I think you just anti tomcat... you got a bad attitude ;)

You always ask so nicely, how can they refuse you ;)

Andre I feel the same way... Tomcat is magic, but I think the logging sucks.
You on linux, wait till you on windows and the file wont even opne because TC is using it. And files that carry date stamps... makes it difficult to find stuff and tell another program to use it, it doesnt even know the name.

The thing that has alway amazed me... we use JMX, we have this complex logging engine, but tomcat is a big powerful web server... is it only me, but how come that cant be presented as a web page.... you just address /myserver/manager/logs
Or /myserver/manager/JMXStuff

I also think its a missed opportunity... its like you built a ferrari, but still use a wheel barrow to go get stuff from the shop... if you know what I mean.

... theres probably a good reason for it but yes
+1

The only real POJO Application Server.