I think there's a miscommunication going on.

> From: Leon Rosenberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> well our [...]
> admins are well able to configure tomcat logging as they wish (mainly
> by using log4j configs we (developers) [...]).

OK.  So your admins have in-house developers to turn to.

[...]
> I would doubt that the majority of tomcat users (i.e. java developers)
[...]

Andre's original premise is that the majority of Tomcat users are *not* Java
developers.  They are, instead, people who have a webapp they need to run and
maintain.  They have downloaded Tomcat in order to run it.

I agree with Andre.  I think his 90% estimate is high, but I suspect pure
admins are in the majority.  Certainly I think equating "tomcat user" with
"java developer" is naïve.

                - Peter