Could you show us your connector configuration.
regards

From: "Bhuvanesh Pattanashetti" <bhuva...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:48 PM
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Cofiguring tomcat for trial certificate by trusted authorities like verisign not working.

Hi all,
I m trying to set up the SSL for tomcat server. I wanted to know what
exactly is the procedure.
here is what i have followed.

Procedure 1.

  1. Created my own keystore.
  2. Imported the trial certificate (provided by Verisign ) into the
  keystore.
  3. Added a ssl connector component in to the conf/server.xml into tomcat
  configuration file.
  4. Started the Server, When tried accessing connector port from browser,
  I got cannot display the webpage.
  5.

procedure 2 :

  1. Created my own keystore.
  2. Imported the trial certificate (provided by Verisign ) into the
  keystore.
  3. Imported the trial certificate (provided by Verisign ) into the
  cacerts from jre/lib/security/cacerts.
  4. Added a ssl connector component in to the conf/server.xml into tomcat
  configuration file mentioning keyAlias pointing to imported certificate
  alias.
  5. Started the Server, at start up i got the folliwing exception

  java.io.IOException: Alias name mykeyalias does not identify a key entry

I had importing the root certificate or intrmediate certificate first before
importing trial verisign certificate suggested by tomcat.
But none of the things are working :-( please suggest me.
thanks in advance.
Bhuvan P