HI All,thanks all  for your suggestions. :-)

Here are following some more details.

I m using

- tomcat 6.0,
- JDK 1.6,
- no i m not using keystore.
- I m running on Xp with Spring-DM framework.
connector is as follows.

<Connector
           port="8443" minSpareThreads="5" maxSpareThreads="75"
           enableLookups="true" disableUploadTimeout="true"
           acceptCount="100"  maxThreads="200"
           scheme="https" secure="true" SSLEnabled="true"
keyAlias="aliasName"
           keystoreFile="KEeySrotePath" keystorePass="password"
           clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"/>

I have generated the keystore using keytool.
Please suggest me further.