On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 1:06 AM, Richard Langly
<richard.ringo.lan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you mean that there are no modifications to the original request or even
> the response, then yes. It's to be a transparent proxy.

So why do you try do build your own proxy?

I've a similar setup using TinyProxy - that's just perfect.

You can even make TinyProxy listen to localhost only, then, on your
client-machine, setup Putty with port-forwarding, connect via putty to
your proxy-machine and enter localhost:<forwarded TinyProxyPort> as a
proxy within your web-browser and you're all set.

Might be that I misunderstood your intentions, but if it's about
circumventing some censorship, then this is an almost perfect setup ;)

Rgds

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2