The tomcat5.exe is running away with just bringing up the redirect
servlet examples.  No self-written Java has been added; just running the
default, full-install items from Tomcat.

I don't know what else to try.  Maybe since I'm running Server 2k3R2
within VMWare with VMWare tools installed, this is giving us this issue.
I just need to get this up and working properly and with just a
default-full install of Tomcat, I'm getting these issues.

IIS Configuration:
        Default Website:
                ISAPI Filters - Added "Jakarta" and pointed it to the
location of the isapi_redirect.dll file.  I've tried versions .14
through .28 and have the same issue with each.
                Virtual Directory - Added "jakarta" virtual directory
and pointed it to the folder hosting the isapi_redirect.dll file.
Again, I've tried versions .14 through .28 and have the same issue with
each.
        Web Service Extension:
                Added "Jakarta" web service extension and added the
locations for all the isapi_redirect.dll files; version .14 through .28.
All files are allowed as well as the Jakarta web service extension.

I can bring up the Tomcat welcome page fine; http://localhost:8080.  I
can bring up the servlet "HelloWorldExample" fine;
http://localhost:8080/servlets-examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample.  The
tomcat5.exe service is fine.

When I go to test the redirect, I remove the :8080 at the end of the URL
and it comes up
(http://localhost/servlets-examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample), but the
tomcat5.exe service maxes out the CPU; 99%

I ran the Process Explorer and have the following Thread going hay-wire.

TID             3488
CPU             95.38
Cswitch Delta   Jumps around from as high as 50 to as low as 27
Start Address   MSVCRT.dll!endthreadex+0x2f

Stack:
ntkrnlpa.exe+0x87b1d
ntkrnlpa.exe+0x2721e
ntkrnlpa.exe+0x14a3ae
ntkrnlpa.exe+0x2c36e
hal.dll+0x5f1f
hal.dll+0x6153
hal.dll+0x62f1
ntkrnlpa.exe+0x87900
ntkrnlpa.exe+0x838cf
ntdll.dll!KiFastSystemCallRet
WS2_32.dll!select+0xa1
tcnative-1.dll!Java_org_apache_tomcat_jni_OS_info+0xa236
tcnative-1.dll!Java_org_apache_tomcat_jni_Poll_poll+0xc6