From: Tim Funk [mailto:funk...@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:02 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat maxThreads Issue

Looking at the history of the thread - here are some guesses ....

You have a connector on port 81 (http) and a connector on 8011 (ajp) and
commented out connector for 443.

The port 81 connector and commented out connector are set to 600 - which means
absolutely nothing if apache is talking to tomcat via jk.

Set |maxThreads on the connector for using port 8011 and life should be better.

If there are mulitple apache servers in front of tomcat  - you need to ensure
you have (#apaches * max number connections per apache) threads available on
each tomcat. The thread history seems to indicate you only have one apache with
100 workers max. So raising the maxThreads in tomcat from 200 to something
higher is not needed.

Is there a firewall between apache and tomcat? If so - it could mean that your
firewall is timing out the connection and then bad things happen.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/ajp.html

-Tim