> From: Jones, Keven [mailto:keven.jo...@ncr.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat maxThreads Issue
>
> He is stating that If I put an address (the same address
> Of the linux server that the tomcat instance is running on)
> that that message will go away and the maxThreads will
> actually move to 600.
>
> Anyone agree?

Nope - your vendor is sadly mistaken or confused (or you misinterpreted what he
said).  The address (not server) attribute in a <Connector> will limit the
listen to just that IP address, whereas not including an address attribute
results in listening on all IP addresses configured for the TCP/IP stack,
including 10.10.10.10.  The maxThreads attribute applies either way.

Your vendor is also confused, because that's not the <Connector> typically used
between Tomcat and httpd; it's normally the AJP one, if you're using mod_jk or
mod_proxy_ajp.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.