Hi,

Can somebody go over the details of what exactly happens when tomcat instance
has outOfmemory errors and there are following timeouts set in a loadbalancer
worker config.

This is my understanding.

ping_mode=A, ping_timeout=10000, reply_timeout=60000 and recorver_options=3

If the timeouts are set as above then CPing/Cpong test for connect and prepost
will work. When a new real request is sent to this tomcat instance, it should
hit reply_timeout because it has outofmemory errors. Then depending on no. of
retries set (it is default, for me so 2), this instance will be tried once
again. Second time also it should not get reply within reply_timeout and at
that point it should be marked in "ERR" state.
However, I don't see that. I don't see it being marked in "ERR" state. The
state is still "OK" inspite of this tomcat instance having outofmemory errors.
Could somebody explain what am I missing?

Also, what does recorvery option mean in this case? Is it possible to explain
what happens when I set recovery options? what happens when I set it to 3? What
will happen if I set it to 7?

I am really hoping to get more understanding of how this works.

Thanks,
Madhuri