Before I set the timeouts thats how it worked. The tomcat instance in outof
memory state would be eventually marked in "ERR" state. I thought by using
timeouts it would set it to "ERR" state early.

I do need to restart the tomcat instance in outofmemory error but how would I
know tomcat instance is in that state unless I keep checking logs of all tomcat
instances. I used the "ERR" indication on jkstatus page to know if there is
something wrong with tomcat instance.

Actually, before setting the following timeouts, I would see tomcat instances
get marked to "ERR" state. After, setting these timeouts that is not happening
as much as it happened before. After setting these timeouts I have got lot more
error reports of website access errors.

Do you know anything about recovery options?

Thanks,
Madhuri