Dear all,

I'm using the iText library to generate pdfs from a database on the fly.
Whenever I use some

of it's features that require simple things like java.awt.Color, I get an

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError as shown:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.18/jre/lib/amd64/libawt.so:

libmlib_image.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
        at
sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50)
        at java.awt.Toolkit.loadLibraries(Toolkit.java:1509)
        at java.awt.Toolkit.<clinit>(Toolkit.java:1530)
        at java.awt.Color.<clinit>(Color.java:250)
        at tablereport.processRequest(tablereport.java:55)
        at tablereport.doGet(tablereport.java:130)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter

(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter

(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke

(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke

(StandardContextValve.java:172)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874)
        at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection

(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt

(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

After some research and verifying that libawt.so physically exists I read
somewhere that

whenever java is installed no a linux box without x (in my case it's a
remote vps) java omits

certain graphics related libraries like AWT (naturally).

I also read that you can run java headless to avoid the dependencies to X.
Now is there a way

to run tomcat (or add variables to tomcat's startup.sh) to avoid having
these dependencies?

Thanks for your help,

William