Tim Funk schrieb:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Linux_Unix

You're probably alluding to:

  How do I run without an X server and still get graphics?

  You either need to run headless or run an alternate X-server. [...] if
  your are using a JVM 1.4 or better, you can use the system property
  java.awt.headless=true

Indeed, isHeadless() returns true for my Java 5 and 6 installations.

import java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment;
// http://mindprod.com/jgloss/headless.html
public class Headless {
  public static void main( String[] args) {
    boolean headless = GraphicsEnvironment.isHeadless();
    System.out.println( "Ohne Tastatur, Maus, GUI? " + headless);
    String p = "java.awt.headless";
    System.out.println( p + "? " + System.getProperty( p));
  }
}

The iText color test (which produces graphics in a PDF) still works when
I specify java.awt.headless=false, which also makes isHeadless() return
false. So it seems to work with or without this headless property. So
why does it not work for Method8 (the OP)?

--
Michael Ludwig