> From: Josh Gooding [mailto:josh.good...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: slight problem with Tomcat and Httpd working together.
>
> Something that I am not understanding.  If the context.xml files are
> truly ignored how can each of the companies be able to login?

You appear to have answered your own question, since you don't really have the
<Context> elements in server.xml.

> You're saying if I create the conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml
> I can add them on the fly?

You can always add webapps on the fly, if you have autoDeploy set.

> would it be something like conf/Catalina/localhost/xyzcompany.xml?
> Isn't this for JAAS type realm?

The location of the <Context> element has nothing to do with whatever <Realm>
is being used.

> I know best practice is keeping the webapps directory inside of
> $CATALINA_HOME.

That's not best practice, just the default one.

> What would I have to change in my configuration to be able to
> serve new projects under the new displaced webapps folder

Just the appBase attribute of the <Host> element; point it to the location of
your webapps.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.