On 12-Oct-2009, at 11:41, Josh Gooding wrote:

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM, André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com> wrote:

Josh Gooding wrote:

Andre, your talking about something like Active Directory for Windows
Domain's to use with say Communicator, Outlook, etc, across windows
environments with domain authentication?

Yes, although Windows domain authentication is not the only game in town.

** I know Andre, it was just the first thing that popped into my head. The shop I work for is a Microjunk shop and I am the only dinosaur who codes on
OS platforms here after I leave they can claim to be an all .NET shop.
However, i'm the only one working on programs that are making the company money... :: shrug :: anywho. I know there are others, WIndows is just one of the most commonly recognized. You also have raduis, NIS, and if I am not
mistaken even LDAP.

You can even use LDAP with ActiveDirectory, on the condition they provide you
the access you need.

André-John