My suggestion: set trimSpace to true on both servers.

Then use ${firstName}{' '}${lastName}

regards

Am 13.10.2009 um 23:08 schrieb Curtis Garman:

Has anyone else experienced loosing spaces between printing jstl
variables. I've got something that is printing

${firstName} ${lastName}  --> Curtis Garman

but instead the space in between the two names is getting lost so it prints as

CurtisGarman

The wierd thing is that it displays just fine on a mirrored server but
messes up on our production server? My thought is that it has to be a
combination of tomcat/jstl. I've had this problem before but it has
never mattered. Any ideas or fixes? I do have set in the default
web.xml...anyone know if this is a problem?

<init-param>
   <param-name>trimSpace</param-name>
   <param-value>true</param-value>
</init-param>

...I set it because apache recommends this
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jasper-howto.html#Production%20Configuration

--
Curtis Garman
Web Programmer