Christopher Schultz wrote:

<snip/>

I think the JSP specification has a little multiple-personality disorder
when it comes to XML-looking-syntax versus actual XML syntax. It's
unfortunate, since it can really confuse people.

My $0.03

"be strict in what you produce, be forgiving in what you receive"

IMO allowing for the XML comments _seems_ like a good idea.

None the less we're modifying that code to be more correct -- even if the specs are a little ambiguous it seems more correct to treat the entire <jsp:include.../> as a single entity in this case and not slice it up with comments for whatever reasons.

_M