On 10.11.2009 14:26, thomas2004 wrote:

>> Remove the socket_timeout. Please let us know, whether that helped.
>
> I've moved the socket_timeout and the reply_timeout two days ago but it
> doesn't help.

> My workersproperties looks now as follow:
>
> [code]
> worker.worker_portfolio_son1.connection_pool_timeout=600
> worker.worker_portfolio_son1.socket_keepalive=True
> worker.worker_portfolio_son1.lbfactor=1
> worker.worker_portfolio_son1.type=ajp13
> worker.worker_portfolio_son1.port=8009
> worker.worker_portfolio_son1.host=appl-portfolio-test.proactiv.de
> worker.worker_portfolio_son1.sticky_session=True
> worker.worker_portfolio_son1.ping_timeout=10000
> worker.worker_portfolio_son1.ping_mode=A
> worker.worker_portfolio_son1.retries=2
> worker.worker_portfolio_son1.activation=A
> worker.worker_portfolio_son1.recovery_options=7
> [/code]
>

>> To improve stability you should add a socket-connect_timeout and
> cping/cpong. See:
>
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/timeouts.html
>
> I will try this later and tell you the result.
>
> Btw, is there any difference between mod_jk 1.2.26 and 1.2.28. I wonder why
> it works by 1.2.26 but not by 1.2.28.

I checked the code. Your errno 11 shown in the jk log of your original
post is EAGAIN. We removed tolerating EAGAIN while reading from the backend:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/connectors/trunk/jk/native/common/jk_connect.c?r1=705959&r2=705977&pathrev=802161&diff_format=h

EAGAIN should only be returned by read() when the socket is set to
non-blocking mode. I can't see why this should be the case for your
configuration. Is the log message the same when running without
socket_timeout?

Please provide details on your OS, web server and configuration (e.g Jk
directives for Apache).

Regards,

Rainer