On 10.11.2009 17:12, André Warnier wrote:
> Rainer Jung wrote:
>>> I've moved the socket_timeout and the reply_timeout two days ago but it
>>> doesn't help.

> Hi.
> Just my Tomcat- and Java-dummy look on this.
> As I understand the basic issue, there is a request coming through
> Apache for a document to be served by a Tomcat app. mod_jk forwards the
> request to Tomcat, and the Tomcat app can take upward of 20 minutes to
> produce the response (which is a PDF document).  In the meantime, some
> timeout seems to occur at the front-end Apache or mod_jk level, and the
> user never gets his document.
> Now, is the problem not due to the fact that after receiving the
> request, Tomcat + webapp does not send back *anything* for more than 20
> minutes ?
> Is there no possibility to have Tomcat + webapp return at least
> *something* in the meantime, to avoid this timeout ?

It's possible, that this would work as a workaround. The usual "let some
bits dripple to keep the connection active" strategy.

Nevertheless he triggered behaviour that was indeed changed between
1.2.26 and 1.2.28 and we do not yet understand, why the read() call
doesn't block the whole time and instead returns EAGAIN.

Regards,

Rainer