>I cannot tell you what's wrong, but I can tell you that the log you show
below, shows that the JBoss response is a HTML document, not a PDF.
So maybe you have to revise some of your assumptions.

Sorry, you are right. This time I haven't test the PDF generation since I
just want to test the simple case. The returned page contains only text. But
I can't get the return page though long after the processing on Jboss is
finished and send back the render.

On the machine with mod_jk-1.2.26 I can get the return page.