> Thomas,
>
> On 11/13/2009 2:55 AM, thomas2004 wrote:
>> Sorry, the return page this time should just contains simply text, somewhat
>> like "Generated in 22220 msec[query time: 22186 msec, processing time: 20
>> msec] for 36 contracts. ", not a PDF-stream since I just want to test a
>> simple case.
>
> Okay, this was the response as read by mod_jk from Tomcat:
>
> 200 OK
> X-Powered-By:Servlet 2.4; JBoss-4.2.3.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_4_2_3_GA
> date=200807181417)/JBossWeb-2.0
> Pragma:no-cache
> Expires:Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
> Cache-Control:no-cache
> Cache-Control:no-store
> Content-Length:433
>
> <!DOCTYPE.HTML.PUBLIC."-//W3C//DTD.HTML.4.01.Transitional//EN"
>   "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
> <head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
> <title>JSP.Page</title>
> </head>
> Generated.in.351416.msec[query.time: 351384 msec, processing time: 32
> msec] for 824727 rows
>
> Are you saying that the web browser does not show anything? I'd be
> interested in seeing what the browser is receiving, because that HTML is
> pretty ugly (i.e. not well-formed).
>
> I suspect that the web browser is giving up before the response is sent.
> 351384ms is a long time (almost 6 minutes). I wouldn't be surprised if
> your client has a timeout of 2 or 3 minutes. Maybe even less.
>
>> Besides, I check the OS, Httpd and mod_jk version. They are:
>
>> On the machine with mod_jk 1.2.26:
>
> So, does this problem occur with 1.2.26, too? At first, you said that
> 1.2.26 was working and that 1.2.28 was not working. Has that changed?

I think the reproduction with html is not working because of some other
reasons likely not related with mod_jk. In the original message he has a
jk error message referring to errno 11=EAGAIN. There is a change between
1.2.26 and 1.2.28 related to how EAGAIN gets handled while waiting for
data. So I can imagine he really hit a bug there, although I'm not sure,
because we have to check, whether that observation also happens without
socket_timeout and reply_timeout.

His attempt to make a more simple test case using the html response
doesn't produce any mod_jk error log line, so I would say it's something
else, like e.g. MSIE not wanting to show to short pages or whatever.

I added this to the BZ 48191.

Regards,

Rainer