Jesse Klaasse wrote:
Hi Leon,

I don't know what you mean exactly by "re-intrant", but your comment points
out I have created an endless while-loop! Apart from moving to Java 6, I had
commented out some lines to reduce logging, not noticing I had created an
endless loop by doing so. I only did this in a jar compiled for Java 6, so
everytime I tried rolling back to Java 5, I also used the old jar (which
didn't have the lines commented out), and the old jar didn't have the
infinite loop. Stupid!

I was completely sure the change from Java 5 to Java 6 was a far bigger one
than the commented-out-lines, but this turns out to be not true at all in
this case!

IME, the change from java 5 to java 6 is entirely transparent to the application, and the only difference I've seen is a bit better performance under 6. That probably won't be everybody's experience, but it is mine.