> From: Anand HS [mailto:anan...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Tomcat cleaning up work folder by itself
>
> 1. I have a exploded war file inside a folder abc-web and my
> context.xml points to this folder as docBase.

Where is your context.xml file located?  The docBase attribute is normally not
allowed.

> 3. abc-ejb.jar has a few configuration files internally like
> config.properties, app-config.properties.

How are those files referenced by your code?  If you're using file system
paths, you're asking for trouble, since those are never guaranteed to work in a
servlet environment.  You should be using either
Classloader.getResourceAsStream() or ServletContext.getResourceAsStream().

> When i start the server, the contents of abc-ejb.jar are exploded into
> <TOMCAT_HOME>\work\_\loader.

That's not the right place; the work\_ directory is for the default webapp, and
yours appears to be named abc-web.  If you want yours to be the default webapp,
it should be named ROOT (case-sensitive, even on Windows).

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.