> From: Anand HS [mailto:anan...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat cleaning up work folder by itself
>
> My context is located under <TOMCAT_HOME>/conf/Catalina/
> abc-web/ROOT.xml

In which case the docBase attribute is not allowed, unless the webapp is
located completely outside of the Tomcat directory structure.

Apparently you have a <Host> named abc-web; show us your server.xml and let's
see if there are overlapping appBase settings, which will result in all sorts
of odd behavior.

> The context.xml is untouched and is the same as what comes
> with the distribution.

Distribution of what?

> Pardon my incomplete information. Since my application has
> Root context , I think thats the correct folder into which
> the resources are unzipped.

It would be, if your webapp was actually located in the abc-web <Host>
[appBase]/ROOT directory, *and* that directory wasn't part of some other
<Host>'s appBase.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.