Hi Everybody,

I have a web application deployed into tomcat which needs some dlls during
execution.
These dlls are being included in the java code statically and use
system.loadlibrary(...) to be loaded.

If I place the needed dlls into Tomcat's bin directory they are found and
loaded successfully during startup.

Now I know that this is not regarded as a good practice.

So my question is. What is the best practice? What is the best way to go?

Do I place the needed dlls into another directory and alter an environmental
variable (f.e. java.library.path, PATH, CLASSPATH, ...) or do i alter
catalina.bat/startup.bat?

Seriously, what is the prefered solution?

Thanks in Advance for your time!
Stefan