> From: StrongSteve [mailto:ste...@starkeweb.org]
> Subject: Tomcat loading dlls
>
> Do I place the needed dlls into another directory and alter an
> environmental variable (f.e. java.library.path, PATH, CLASSPATH,
> ...) or do i alter catalina.bat/startup.bat?

Since you're on Windows, the easiest approach is just to insure the DLLs are
somewhere in the PATH - if you're running Tomcat from the .bat scripts.  If you
want to modify the PATH variable to include an additional directory, do that
with setenv.bat; don't modify catalina.bat or startup.bat.

If you're running Tomcat as a Windows service, set the java.libary.path system
property in the Java tab of the tomcat?w.exe program to point to the directory
where the DLLs are.  (Fill in the ? with the level of Tomcat you're using -
which you didn't tell us.)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.