Just one thing I forgot to ask.

Using the PATH Variable works fine when starting the Tomcat from a command
shell.

Nevertheless if I start the Tomcat from within Eclipse (MyEclipse), it does
not care if the directory is specified in the PATH or not. The DLL is not
being loaded. In order for it to work I have to append the directory to the
"library path" when starting the Tomcat from within Eclipse.

Why is this so? Am I doing something wrong? I mean it is the same Tomcat.
Just once started from within Eclipse.

Thanks in Advance!
Stefan