Mark Thomas wrote:
On 01/03/2010 08:01, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
Pid wrote:

I want to preserve the single handler design but since getParameter
barfs on our new input format and there is no unified raw input reader
the only thing I can think of is make it so doGet and doPost use
request.getQueryString() and request.getReader() respectivally... is
there an easier way? (namely I want to keep doXXX as pure wrappers with
nothing but a dispatch to handleRequest()).

Why does request.getParameter() not work, or is that a secret?

Take a look at SRV.3.1 in the servlet spec. Are you sure you are using application/x-www-form-urlencoded with your POST?

If you use that content type, Tomcat will merge parameters in the POST body and the query string.

Yes we are and thats why I probably mistook the effect of it doing that as a side effect instead of a designed in feature... now that being said we have used that content day since the first few lines of our code was written and until this post (about 2 years) the servlet getting getParameter via GET *AND* POST was not an issue... but for some reason a new client side request format (which there is no easy way around not using) messed it up.

Mark