Christopher Schultz wrote:

Aryeh,

On 3/2/2010 1:51 AM, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
Yes we are and thats why I probably mistook the effect of it doing that
as a side effect instead of a designed in feature... now that being said
we have used that content day since the first few lines of our code was
written and until this post (about 2 years) the servlet getting
getParameter via GET *AND* POST was not an issue... but for some reason
a new client side request format (which there is no easy way around not
using) messed it up.

Ok, so what's next? Sometimes you are getting a null when you expect
data, right? Well, are you only getting null when the request is a GET?
POST? Or is it something else?

It gets null's on POST's only but only from the new input format (there are parts of the app that still use the old format and they work fine)
If you wanted to get cute, you could implement this
one-parameter-to-rule-them-all strategy as a Filter which wraps the

I will consider that as a future refactoring