Thomas Kloeber wrote:
Leon Rosenberg wrote on 09.06.2010 14:53:
http://www.configureme.org
it supports hot updates of the configs, if you update the configs
after the application has been started the configured parts will be
reconfigured.
thanx for the idea. But I'm not looking for a configuration of my app but for configuration of web.xml, context.xml, and such like.

Inthink you should have a look at the Manager application (delivered along with Tomcat when downloading from the main Tomcat site). The Manager allows you to deploy, undelploy, start and stop one application, without stopping/restarting Tomcat as a whole. Since it is open-source, you can have a look at how it does that, and do the same. Or just look at how the form works, and call the Manager the same way.