Konstantin Kolinko, il 05/07/2010 16:59, ha scritto:
2010/7/2 Federico Fissore<fiss...@celi.it>:
hello all

first mail to the list: please forward me to any RTFM you may think useful

BUT some times I got a "JasperException: Unable to
load class for JSP", with the root cause being "ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.systemCheck_jsp"

What exact Tomcat version (x.y.z) are you using?

6.0.26

Are you sure that you have stopped the old Tomcat instance, and that
you are not running several instances in parallel?

Yes I'm sure: before I start the new one, I check for the PID of the process to disappear.

I am running several instances in parallel, each with a separate java process, each listening on a different tcp port. That's my aim

I checked for that file in the work folder and it's there! both the .java
and .class files

What are timestamps of those files? Are they recently generated and
compiled, as you would expect?

Yes, they are regenerated and recompiled. The funny thing is that you can see the error page (ClassNotFound...), delete those files, refresh the page and seeing the files being re-generated and re-compiled BUT still getting a ClassNotFound...

best regards

federico