Debbie Shapiro wrote:
Exactly. We have to follow FDA guidelines for validation of OTS software and
our validation expert is testing for this now. We want to make sure that
security is in place that if the app is left alone for a period of time other
users won't have access to it.

Well in that case why don't you set the testing workstation to time out after 5 minutes of inactivity, lock up the screen and request a login to wake up ?

The infamous "this workstation is in use and has been locked" message, which I love so much when I am installing software at a validated customer, go get a coffee, come back to find my screen locked up, and find out that the person who unlocked it before has now gone out for lunch.