We have several instances of tomcat running on a server and everything
seems to run fine. We can stop and start all instances of tomcat
independently.

HOWEVER, when we reboot there server, we find that several XML files
have been deleted from the conf directories for each instance. These
files are important because they tell the application where to locate
certain files that the user needs. When the XML files are deleted, users
get errors.

WHY oh why does tomcat automatically delete XML files and how can we
stop it?

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - March 9, 2011
solely for users@tomcat.apache.org. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not
represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management.
Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has
taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email,
the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from
the use of this email or attachments.