On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 14:48, Konstantin Kolinko
<knst.koli...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Some resources are allocated only on the first access.
>
> E.g. starting servlets, or obtaining database connections from a pool.
> Unless you obtain a connection there is no knowing that the database
> is accessible.

I know that. Some initialization phases, though, _do_ (or, if not,
should) raise errors on deployment, and right now I have no way to
catch such errors at startup time. And I'm not talking about
connectors here. I did learn one thing though, about that
EXIT_ON_FAILURE option: it should have been the default as far as I'm
concerned, but ohwell...

Again, connectors are one part of the problem here (I use
EXIT_ON_FAILURE now on my deployments). But application deployment is
another. Unless there is some hidden meaning to a Connector which I
haven't understood.

--
Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM