My webapps has some icefaces pages where I need to tag on the jsessionid.
This was working in Tomcat 6.0.32 and all earlier versions but not for
Tomcat 6.0.33.  It also does not work for the Tomcat 7.0.x minor editions I
have tested.  It is as if the most recent Tomcat minor versions cannot tell
that ;jsessionid is not part of the file-name for iface pages.

I was able to simply recreate the problem using MyEclipse by generating a
web-project, turning on JSF, turn on icefaces, turn on facelets, then add a
simple xhtml page.  Just use the page it creates for you.  Then set
MyEclispe up to use an external Tomcat instance.  Point to a 6.0.32 Tomcat
instance and the page will come up even if you add a jsessionid to it.
Point to a 6.0.33 instance and the page won't come up with the ;sessionid
added to the URL.  You will get a page not fouind (404) error.
For example, you might be using a URL like follows:
http://localhost:8080/testProject/a.iface;jsessionid=123
It comes up for Tomcat 6.0.32
but Tomcat 6.0.33 fives a page not found (404) error

Whay is that?  Is this a bug?  Is it intended?  Is there a Tomcat
configuration setting that will enable it to tell that the the ;jsessionid
is not part of the page name?

I have no problem tagging on jsessionid to JSP pages in any version of
Tomcat.  I just can't get it to work with iface pages.