2011/9/12 jprideaux <jpride...@snapdiagnostics.com>:

> My webapps has some icefaces pages where I need to tag on the jsessionid.
> This was working in Tomcat 6.0.32 and all earlier versions but not for
> Tomcat 6.0.33.  It also does not work for the Tomcat 7.0.x minor editions I
> have tested.  It is as if the most recent Tomcat minor versions cannot tell
> that ;jsessionid is not part of the file-name for iface pages.
>
> I was able to simply recreate the problem using MyEclipse by generating a
> web-project, turning on JSF, turn on icefaces, turn on facelets, then add a
> simple xhtml page.  Just use the page it creates for you.  Then set
> MyEclispe up to use an external Tomcat instance.  Point to a 6.0.32 Tomcat
> instance and the page will come up even if you add a jsessionid to it.
> Point to a 6.0.33 instance and the page won't come up with the ;sessionid
> added to the URL.  You will get a page not fouind (404) error.
> For example, you might be using a URL like follows:
> http://localhost:8080/testProject/a.iface;jsessionid=123
> It comes up for Tomcat 6.0.32
> but Tomcat 6.0.33 fives a page not found (404) error
>
> Whay is that?  Is this a bug?  Is it intended?  Is there a Tomcat
> configuration setting that will enable it to tell that the the ;jsessionid
> is not part of the page name?
>
> I have no problem tagging on jsessionid to JSP pages in any version of
> Tomcat.  I just can't get it to work with iface pages.

It does work with the standard examples webapp that comes with 6.0.33,
(regardless of whether you add ";jsessionid=value" or your misprinted
jessionid).

You need to
1) Check what is different/specific in your configuration
2) Explain what you are trying to do and why.

There was improvement in "path parameters" handling in 6.0.33 (that is
what those (";" + foo) in URLs are called), but that should not
concern spec-compliant applications.

Some discussion about "path parameters" should be in the archives of
the dev@ list.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko