I have been struggling for a week now getting my application deployed on
Tomcat 7. I am unable to make much progress with it and request your help. I
am not very good with Tomcat. So please bear with me and request details in
your solution. I can see this site being very informative.

I have Tomcat7 running. My application which was running just fine under
Tomcat5 does not start under Tomcat7. I have modified setclasspath.sh with
all the necessary JARs. That is what I used to do on Tomcat5. Am I not
supposed to mess with this file? There is a servlet-api.jar that I find
under
$CATALINA_HOME/lib

Tomcat itself starts fine and I see the opening page. Even my Axis comes up
ok but not my application.

I start Tomcat with ./startup.sh and I do not use Eclipse. The message that
I get is as follows.

Thanks very much for your help. Glad to provide more info if needed.