On 20/10/2011 23:27, ramsri wrote:

> I have been struggling for a week now getting my application deployed on
> Tomcat 7. I am unable to make much progress with it and request your help. I
> am not very good with Tomcat. So please bear with me and request details in
> your solution. I can see this site being very informative.
>
> I have Tomcat7 running. My application which was running just fine under
> Tomcat5 does not start under Tomcat7. I have modified setclasspath.sh with
> all the necessary JARs. That is what I used to do on Tomcat5. Am I not
> supposed to mess with this file?

No, despite the name, you're not meant to alter this file.
You're meant to put all of the application's JAR files in

 mywebapp/WEB-INF/lib

> There is a servlet-api.jar that I find under
> $CATALINA_HOME/lib

... and a few other JAR files, all of which Tomcat will load
automatically, because it has its own classloader.

> Tomcat itself starts fine and I see the opening page. Even my Axis comes up
> ok but not my application.

Start over with a fresh download and a clean installation.

Do not modify setclasspath.sh.

Read all of the following:

 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/appdev/index.html