On 27/12/2011 08:55, Saravanan L wrote:
> Tried netstat. 443 is listening, but I cannot connect to it.

I assume it shows no open connections either.

> Secondly Thread dump - I could not find any signs of problem or anything
> relative to the current issue in the threaddump [Please find the
> threaddump in my previous post].

Yep, that looks like 200 idle threads to me.

Looking back through this thread I see a number of most likely unrelated
issues being treated as the same problem.

Reviewing the thread:

1. acceptCount=10000 is a crazily high number. That you see odd effects
with this does not surprise me. acceptCount is only for handling
infrequent, short, very high spikes in load.

2. maxThreads=5000 is very high. Given that you handled ~10k requests in
2 hours it appears that maxThreads should be reduced by several orders
of magnitude.

3. A 504 response code is a gateway timeout. Tomcat does not issue this
on its own. Either you have a proxy in front of Tomcat or your
application is returning this value.

4. There are settings in your server.xml that were dropped a couple of
versions ago.

I suggest the following:
- restore the threadpool and acceptcount defaults
- remove the old settings

Run your tests and then diagnose the fault that appears. If you need
pointers, ask here.

Mark