epr...@orpheus.fr wrote:
### Summary

TC fails to compile JSP when 1) the compiler is AntCompiler and 2) there
is a whitespace somewhere in the pathname to TC home dir.

Personal opinion : you should not do that (use paths with spaces in them). It was a stupid idea to allow this in the first place, and the person who first implemented this in an operating system should be found and shot (or at least be awarded an IgNobel prize; or have the costs of this over the years deducted from their old-age pension). It always brings problems somewhere down the line, and not only with Tomcat.

And I really, really do not understand why the people who make the installer of the Windows version of Tomcat - and who are undoubtedly otherwise pretty smart people - are compounding the issue by installing this by default in a sub-directory named "Apache Software Foundation".

Now about whether this is a bug in Tomcat or its documentation : I am fairly sure that not long ago, I saw a strong warning somewhere in the on-line Tomcat documentation, about not using spaces in pathnames somewhere, as it was not supported by some component.
It may have been somewhere related to "deployment".